Looking for employment?
Shaw Trust's approach is to put you and your needs at the centre of everything we do. Our team of friendly and professional Job Coaches are dedicated to providing you with personal guidance to suit your needs.
Once you have been referred by your Jobcentre Plus and registered with Shaw Trust, a member of the team will be appointed to support you on an on-going basis and to help you find a job.
Your Adviser will work with you to develop a personalised action plan that includes a clear job goal and steps on how to achieve it.
Our services will vary from programme to programme and according to your own needs. Please check for the support available in your area.
What support could I receive?
Careers advice and job searches
Choosing the right job for you is important because it will affect your level of commitment and enjoyment. You'll have the opportunity to discuss your work options, assess your skills and what help is available to tackle some of the practical obstacles that you may come across whilst looking for and once in work.
You'll get realistic guidance on your local jobs market and the types of work that are available in your area. Through our website and Adviser support, we will provide the facilities to look and apply for vacancies suitable for you, including:
- Professional support to prepare your CV and job applications
- Help with interview preparation and techniques
- Arranging work experience placements
- Access to vacancies from our network of employers
Financial advice and guidance
Shaw Trust offers a wide range of financial guidance to enable long term financial planning in the context of starting or returning to work:
- Money calculator: we can show you how you may benefit financially from being in a particular job, helping to take away some of uncertainty of changes in your situation
- Guidance on in work benefits: a check to see if you can receive top up money when you start work, including Tax Credits and Return to Work Credits
- Childcare and travel: helps you to access any financial support available to cover work related costs i.e. transport and childcare
- Special work related equipment: there may be financial and/or other support available if you require any adaptive equipment to help you do your job or if you need a communicator
- Managing your debt: access to debt management organisations
In work support
Shaw Trust continues to provide support and advice to you and your employer even after you have started work, ensuring your move into employment is successful.Our services include:
Specialist support services
Together with our network of specialist partner organisations we can provide you with access to a whole range of additional support services such as:
- Support for people that want to become self-employed
- Specialist support for individual health conditions and disabilities
- Access to debt management organisations
Want to know more?
Contact your local Jobcentre Plus to get more information about moving from benefits into work.