Fast Track to Employment is an employment programme for anyone over 18 and under the care of the Hackney Recovery Community Mental Health Team.
The service is designed to help individuals with a mental health condition find and retain employment.
To be eligible for the programme, you must be:
- Accessing support from the Hackney Recovery Community Mental Health Team
- Interested in finding paid employment
How do I access the service?
Please speak directly to your Health and Social Care Professional.
How does the service work?
A dedicated Shaw Trust Employment Specialist will work with you and your Health and Social Care Professional to understand what your “in-work” future could look like, what you want to do and what adjustments and support you may need from an employer.
Your Employment Specialist will work with you to:
- Create a realistic employment plan based on what you want to do
- Access other support that may be available to you once in work, i.e. Access to Work
- Prepare your CV
- Provide on-going in-work support
- Support you to positively disclose your mental health condition to an employer, if required
- Job search and engage with employers
- Prepare and practice for interviews
- Advise on any benefits you might be entitled to and how these will be affected by different working scenarios to ensure you are not worse off financially
Once you are in work
And once you are in work you will have access to in-work support, which will include regular confidential reviews.
Please note: Our Shaw Trust Employment Specialists sit within Hackney Recovery Community Mental Health Team.
For more information please:
Or call 0800 389 0177
North Hackney Recovery CMHT, Vivienne Cohen House, The Lodge, 2 Crozier Terrace, Homerton, London, E9 6AT
South Hackney Recovery, CMHT Donald Winnicott Centre, Coate Road, London, E2 9AG
Early Intervention Service, Donald Winnicott Centre, Coate Road, London E2 9AG
Download the information leaflet