Youth Mental Health First Aid Two Day Course
Our Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing.
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
When you complete the course you will get:
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
£200 +VAT pp (Min 8, max 16 delegates in a group)
If you require group bookings, please contact us directly on the details below
The course will run from 9.30am - 4.30pm with short refreshments breaks and 30min for lunch.
The courses can be run at your location or at one of our Shaw Trust hubs nearest to you. Please see Shaw Trust locations below.
To find out more information or to make a booking:
If you would like to further enquire about any of the above courses or would like to discuss a course delivered in your location please email Caroline Callow email@example.com
Terms and Conditions (opens in new tab or window)